The easiest way to add GOOGLE TRANSLATE to your blog. I just got a message asking how I added the Google Translate widget to my truebluemeandyou sidebar. Since I hadn’t added Google Translate to my kids craft blog unicornhatparty, I thought I’d start at the beginning to show you how I did it.
1. I logged into my Gmail account that is linked to my Tumblr Blog. If you don’t have a gmail account there are other ways to add a widget, but this was the easiest way for me to add it. I then went to https://translate.google.com/manager/website/add and this is the screen you should see:
2. Click NEXT and choose the languages you want Google to translate, the display mode etc… This screen should look like this:
3. Click on GET CODE. You will need to go to your Tumblr blog and click on “CUSTOMIZATION” and then a panel will open up on the left hand side. Click on “EDIT HTML”. The first code has to be placed before the </head> tag and the easiest way to find it is to click on “CTRL” and “F” at the same time then type in </head> into the search box. To place the code where you want it to go, I find it easiest to click on “CTRL” and “F” to search for something close to where I want to see my Google Translator i.e. “My Other Blogs”. The final screen will look like this:
DIY One Dollar Laser Pointer Macro Lens Cell Phone Hack Tutorials.
- Top Photo and Bottom Photos: My Two Butterflies tips and photo examples here.
- Middle Photo: One Dollar iPhone Macro Lens Hack from zaheer here.
- Not pictured: Excellent tutorial used by My Two Butterflies here.
DIY Really Cheap Touchscreen Gloves Tutorial from La Vie en Rose here. This is a really good gift idea for someone who wants more of a tech gift. You really only need to embroider the thumbs and pointer fingers with conductive thread (and she provides a link for the thread).
Truebluemeandyou: I’ve been getting messages about posting more DIY gifts that men will actually like. This is from my Holiday Blog. Also check out my “manly gifts” posts here: truebluemeandyou.tumblr.com/tagged/manly-gifts.
EDIT: La Vie en Rose just posted this EDIT on her blog – do NOT use MITTENS:
**I’m seeing comments about doing this with mittens- that WILL NOT WORK. You have to use gloves because the thread HAS to make contact with your finger in order to conduct electricity for the touchscreen to recognize**