DIY Tag Stamps. Finally a versatile stamp that I can use over and over again. Two different tutorials using a stamp carving block, the other an eraser. Tutorials from Creature Comforts here.
DIY Recycled Material Jewelry Inspiration. Mana Bernardes Jewelry. She is truly a Renaissance woman – a young jewelry designer, poet, and visual artist from Rio de Janeiro. She designs jewelry made from every imaginable source and recycles them into her designs. She mixes found objects with high end pearls, gold etc… Here are some examples from manabernardes here:
- Clasp Necklace: bobby pins
- Medallion Bic: Bic Pens
- Spatial Necklace: plastic, fishing line
- Bead Necklace: marbles and nylon packaging (US produce often comes packaged in colored mesh)
- Space Dog Collar: plastic bottles
- Band Night: safety netting for wine bottles, beads
- Fan Necklace: bamboo sticks, beads
- Only Home Necklace: surgical needles, beads
- Band Clothesline: inside of rope material, beads
DIY Gift Wrapping. From Meeha Meeha here. * I would use this somehow on a card saying something like:
- Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain. ~Author Unknown
- Tell me how many beads there are
In a silver chain
Of evening rain,
Unravelled from the tumbling main…
~Thomas Lovell Beddoes
- Bad weather always looks worse through a window. ~Author Unknown
DIY Chalkboard Twist Ties and Free Printable Gift Labels. From Design Mom here.
Roundup of Four Ways to Stamp Ribbons. I just found a new tutorial on stamping ribbon, so I thought I’d post a roundup of ones I’ve posted in the past. You can also go to Etsy and see gorgeous examples of printed ribbons (from simple words to book phrases).