This DIY Glowing Lyrium Drink Tutoial is Tumblr user arkadycosplay and uses easy to find items.
A bunch of people asked me to make a tutorial about how I did my glowing lyrium potion, so I finally made one! It works for any kind of glowing potion you want to drink so you can use any liquid. It’s also really, really, really easy.
- Supplies – pick your Lyrium (I used Blue Gatorade for my first potion and am using blue vodka for this tutorial because I am an adult), waterproof LEDs (that waterproof part is important, I used plain white ones but any color will work depending on your potion, I recommend getting a bunch of these because sometimes you get a dud, and they glow for 8+ hours but they do fade over time), glass bottles with corks, non-toxic glue, leather or clothe cording, a knife or tiny scissors.
- Clean your bottles and your LEDs.
- Hollow out the inside of your cork with a knife or scissors. You want a little space for the LED to snugly sit in.
- Attach the LED to the cork with a touch of non-toxic glue. Turn on the LED at this point too.
- While the glue sets up, fill your glass bottle with your lyrium or potion.
- Alternatively, if you don’t want to mess with hollowing the cork and gluing the LED into place, you can also just “frost” over the bottom of your glass and drop the LED straight in. The LED sinks and the “frost” disguises it. I used a touch of white acrylic paint to frost it. It took about 30 seconds.
- Back to the cork method! – Once the glue has dried and the cork is secure, pop it back into the bottle.
- Wrap your leather cording around the neck of the bottle to disguise the LED hanging there.
- And done! Go drink your lyrium like the drug addicted Templar you are!