DIY Skeleton Cameo Cookie Tutorial from The Simple, Sweet Life. This post has 2 DIYs: how to stamp royal icing cookies and how to make skeleton cameos using fondant and molds. TIPS: Buy food grade silicone molds for DIYs like this. Never ever contaminate molds you are using for food with polymer clay.
DIY Spider Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe and Tutorial from Hungry Happenings. This is so easy and all you need is a ziplock bag for the legs. KID FRIENDLY RECIPE. For more Halloween food like the blood fountain or Brie Coffin Cheese Cemetery go here.
This image below has been pinned to death on Pinterest and is on my “Pinterest Urban Legends” Board. The description under the pinned cookie was always the same, “use a toothpick to drag out ‘legs’ from melted choc chips!” Well Craft Fail found the real image that was (of course) submitted to a photoshop contest that you can read about here as well as the craft fail using a toothpick.
DIY EASY 4 Ingredient Nutella Pudding Cookies Recipe from The Gunny Sack. For really popular nutella recipes that I’ve posted go here:truebluemeandyou.tumblr.com/tagged/nutella
Testing for the Best Chocolate Chip Recipe
Top Photo Group: Which natural sweetner should you use for baking the best chocolate chip cookies? From Eating Well. The control goup used the classic 3/4 cups of both granulated white sugar and light brown sugar. Collage by me after reading 15 pages.
- Brown Rice Syrup: Most Likely to Have a Meltdown!” Used 1 1/4 cups in place of each cup of sugar
- Corn Syrup: “Most Likely Not to Repeat” Used 3/4 cup in place of each cup of sugar
- Maple Syrup: “Most Hidden Flavor” Used 3/4 cup in place of each cup of sugar
- Agave: “Most Surprising Result” Used 3/4 cup in place of each cup of sugar
- Coconut Sugar (sometimes called coconut palm sugar): “New Kid on the Block” Used cup for cup in place of both sugars
- Granulated Sugar: “Dough Best Suited for Another Cookie” Used white granulated sugar cup for cup in place of brown sugar
- Date Sugar: “Best Personality” Used 2/3 cup in place of each cup of sugar
- Cane Syrup (also called golden, refinery or refiner’s syrup): “Most Unique” Used 3/4 cup in place of each cup of sugar in the classic recipe
- Honey: “Happiest Surprise!” Used 3/4 cup in place of each cup of sugar
- Brown Sugar: “Best in Show” Used brown sugar cup for cup in place of granulated white sugar
Bottom Photo Group: The Secret to Baking the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever from OZY. The recipe used based on the classic Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe,