DIY Children’s Book Clock. You can use anything to make a clock with a cheap clock kit: white board, canvas, hat, tin lid etc… Photo Left: Instrucables tutorial here, Photo Right: Country Living Tutorial here.
Eight Cheap DIY Jewelry Tutorials Using Mod Podge. A reader asked me about jewelry tutorials that use Mod Podge (and not Mod Podge Dimensional Magic). The beauty about most of these tutorials is that they use lots of recycled, inexpensive or easy to find materials.
- DIY Paper Mache Bracelet here. *cardboard tube or cereal box, magazines, jewelry findings
- DIY Personal Paper Heart Necklace here. *maps, song paper, recycled paper, jewelry findings
- DIY Scrap Paper Bracelet here. *scrap paper, ink, jewelry findings
- DIY Kate Spade Inspired New York City Lights Bangle Bracelet here. *Empty ribbon spool or cardboard tube, paper, paint
- DIY Paper Rings Inspired by Jeremy May of Littlefly here. *paper, varnish (but you could use clear nail polish
- DIY Teeny Tiny Leather Spell Book here. *gold paint or sharpies, paper, cardboard, jewelry findings
- DIY Paper Bead Jewelry here. *paper, glue, nail polish or varnish
- DIY Book Page Necklace here. *paper, varnish (but you could use mod podge instead), jewelry findings
DIY Book Page Bracelet from The Hunger Games. Another beginners’ DIY inexpensive jewelry project. Everyone is scanning or copying the pages from books for these projects and using the cheap glass stones from The Dollar Store. Photo from Happy Hour Projects here. Original bracelet tutorial here. *This blog has some really good beginner jewelry projects.
DIY Bookpage Necklace. Really good for people new to DIY jewelry because the instructions on how to make the charm are detailed. Tutorial at Happy Hour Projects here. *No books were harmed in the making of this project